COVID-19 Precautions at Tracer Golf
We are currently closed for the lockdown.
15 Nov 2020
For the safety of all our golfers we will be implementing the following changes:
Effective Monday 16 Nov 2020, masks must be worn at ALL TIMES.
Even when practicing/playing.
We know this will be uncomfortable but it is temporary and safety is our number one priority.
Exemptions will not be accepted at this time.
This rule applies to ALL bays, including Bay 6.
Fresh air will be brought into the facility via our HVAC system 24hrs/day.
As a result the facility may be colder than normal. Please dress accordingly.
2 Person Limit
This rule still applies to all bays.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in these difficult times.
Sep 29 2020
As the COVID situation in Toronto worsens we will be enforcing limits to help ensure our golfers stay safe.
Effective Friday October 2nd, the maximum number of people (golfer or spectator) per bay will be strictly limited to 2 people.
Any group that exceeds this limit may have their booking stopped without refund. Golfers who disregard the rules may be banned from the facility.
As always please use the disinfectant spray and microfiber cloth along with the hand sanitizer before and after your session. Please do not use the microfiber cloth to clean your clubs.
Masks are still required when entering or leaving the facility and we highly recommend you keep your mask on during your training session for maximum protection.
July 5 2020
Dear Tracer Golfer,
The City of Toronto has enacted a new bylaw (City of Toronto Bylaw 541-2020) requiring the use of face masks or face coverings, with some exceptions, in all indoor public spaces. This bylaw is enforceable as of July 7, 2020.
Please read Tracer Golf’s Mandatory Mask Policy Effective July 7, 2020.
Mandatory Use of Mask or Face Covering within Tracer Golf.
Beginning July 7, 2020, all staff, visitors and customers are required to wear a mask or face covering upon entering and remaining within Tracer Golf. The mask or face covering must cover the nose, mouth and chin.
Temporary removal of the mask is permitted where necessary for the purposes of receiving services, or while actively engaging in an athletic or fitness activity.
- The following persons are exempted from requiring a mask or face covering and will not be required to provide proof of such exemption: Children under two years of age.
- Persons with an underlying medical condition which inhibits their ability to wear a mask or face covering.
- Persons who are unable to place, remove, or use a mask or face covering without assistance.
- Employees and operators of the Establishment, in a designed area not for public access, or within or behind a physical barrier.
- Persons who are reasonably accommodated by not wearing a mask or face covering under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The health and safety of our golfers, staff and the community as a whole is important to us. Together we can help reduce the spread of Covid-19 and help each other stay safe.
The Coronavirus situation in Toronto is constantly evolving and we are monitoring closely. We take guidance from Canadian health authorities, the CDC and WHO.
Tracer Golf has always been small by design with low traffic flow. As a fully automated facility there is no employee interaction and all payments are contactless. With our new larger bay sizes and the following procedures and precautions, we are taking steps to reduce the risk to all our golfers.
Currently, best practices for staying safe is to maintain physical distance. The science behind airborne and surface transmission is evolving and we encourage you to keep up with the ongoing developments. Some online resources are:
- We are currently limiting bookings to 2 people per bay. We will consider increasing this once we analyze the traffic flow
- We sanitize the door handles every day during the week
- Microfibre cloths with institutional grade disinfectant sprays are available at each bay. We recommend you wipe the mouse and keyboard before your session (Please spray the cloth and not the equipment directly). For the keyboard please keep an eye on what you press as it may trigger something in Windows
- Hand sanitizers at every bay
- If you are feeling unwell and need to cancel your booking, you may do so at any time
- We continuously monitor our security cameras to ensure safety rules are being followed
- You are responsible for the safety of your own health and for the community as a whole
- If you experience any symptoms such as fever, coughing or shortness of breath, please refrain from using the facilities
- Avoid touching your own mouth, nose and eyes
- Wear a facemask when travelling to and from the hitting bays (hallways, waiting areas)
- When making a booking leave a 15 min gap before your start time
- Open the main door with your jacket sleeve or glove
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer as soon as you enter the facilities
- Use your club or feet to position golf balls when possible or use your own balls
- Exit without touching the door handle with your bare hands
- Maintain physical distancing etiquette (6 feet)
- If you are in a vulnerable category, such as, compromised immune system or older demographic, we encourage you to stay home and stay safe
If you have any safety concerns, questions or suggestions please email us.
Thank you and stay safe.